If we haven't told you personally what gender baby #2 is, you're in the right place to find out!
On April 3rd, we went to my doctor and after waiting for a while to be seen, we finally had the "full anatomy" ultrasound. I was 20 weeks and 3 days along. The lady was very serious and hardly made any effort to talk to us. She'd just say "these are the kidneys" or "top of the head" every now and then, but hardly a word otherwise. We asked several questions and she answered them but she had no interest in us at all, which is actually kind of amusing. When she asked if we'd like to find out the gender of the baby, I said "yes please!" Papa was busy trying to entertain Maximus. The lights were turned out and I don't think he was enjoying the darkness.The lady didn't actually say anything to me. She merely observed the screen and then clicked on a little label that read "It's a girl!" and placed it on the screen with an arrow pointing to the corresponding parts. I was immediately flooded with emotions.
"It's a girl? Are you sure?" I asked.
Papa was in the corner realizing it only after I said something since he was still busy juggling our little guy. The lady just gave me a little look like "are you seriously questioning me? This is my job. Of course I'm sure" but she said "yes." I paused for a few more seconds as I tried to wrap my brain around the news. Then I asked her another two times if she was 100% sure that there weren't any hiding boy parts anywhere. Again, I was met with a glare as if I were insulting her intelligence and her entire purpose in life, but she said it was definitely a girl.
It was a great day for us. A girl. A daughter. A precious little princess. Really!? I had it in my head that we'd only ever have a bunch of boys because that's all that I grew up with. My family hasn't had a baby girl born into it since I was born nearly 27 years ago. I'm the only girl on my dad's side, and there's one other on my mom's side, but other than that we've got nothing but boys everywhere. However, papa's family has lots and lots of girls, so technically, this news shouldn't really be as surprising as I felt it was.
The point is, this is a really big deal to me. We wanted a boy so badly the first time and we got him! And now this time around, we were hoping for a girl and (as long as the doctors are right) we're getting her! I get one of each which is exactly what I've always wanted. It is so wonderful! We're very happy!
Thank you for reading :)

No comments:
Post a Comment