Thursday, July 17, 2014

One Month Left! Any Birth Date Guesses?

It is already the middle of July! That means that we have roughly one month left before baby girl arrives. I thought it'd be fun to take some guesses regarding the day and time that she decides to come, as well as her weight and length! Here are the facts you need to know:

Everything is on schedule right now for a normal labor and delivery. The due date is set at August 18th.  My original due date was estimated to be August 8th until they adjusted it based on her size in the ultrasounds. This gives me the feeling that she'll arrive sometime between the 8th and the 22nd but it is all speculation. That's pretty much the time frame though. Babies are sometimes late and sometimes early so at this point it is really hard to have any idea what will happen.

As for the time of day that she's born, that's anyone's guess! Maximus was born at 8:04 pm.

For the weight guesses, she's fallen slightly behind the average size expected at this time but she's mostly on target. The baby books all say she should be about 6 pounds right now, but since Maximus was so tiny and was born at 5 lbs 8.6 oz, I think she'll be rather tiny too. I will be impressed if she is indeed over 6 pounds. I doubt she'll reach 7.  For length, Maximus was 18 inches long. The average for most babies is about 20-21 inches or so.

Alright, take your guesses! You can post them in the comment section here or on the post that I'll be making on my Facebook page. It'll be fun to see if anyone is close or actually guesses correctly!

My guesses:

August 14th at 7:42 pm.
6 lbs 2.7 oz & 19 inches long

1 comment:

  1. I think she will arrive on August 21, at 9:30 am. 6 lbs 3 oz & 19 inches long

    ReplyDelete