Monday, February 20, 2012

Mommy's Update

Hi Maximus,

Sorry I haven't written anything in a while. Here's the latest news concerning you:

Since we are at 28 weeks, I was required to do a special sugar test to see if I am turning sugar into energy for you, or if I'm just making you way too sweet.  Turns out, after having to suffer through 5 blood draws for you, I am definitely making you too sweet and not in a good way. It's called "gestational diabetes" and it can actually make you grow too big too fast and it isn't good for either of us. But don't worry. The doctors are monitoring it and so am I. I just have to eat extra healthy now to keep my sugar levels as low as possible. You'll still be sweet, I'm sure, but healthy too!

You are starting to move a lot and your kicks are getting very strong. I can sit here and watch my belly moving.  I don't know what you're up to in there, but it could possibly include dancing, back flips and/or martial arts. I'm not entirely sure so you'll have to let me know later :)  I do have one thing to ask of you though, Maximus... could you please stop pushing really hard against my belly as if you are trying to break out of it? I mean, it's always nice to "hear from ya" but it hurts mommy a little bit. Thanks, you're the best! :D

Your daddy is getting very excited for your arrival. We talk about you all the time. Funny thing is, as a man, your daddy pictures you as a 4 or 5 year old when he talks about you; and as a woman, I tend to picture you only as a baby (but sometimes as a teenager too). We can't wait to find out who you are and what you will become someday. We only have 2 and a half months to go!

I think that is about it.  See ya soon!

Love, Mom

(whoa, it's weird to call myself mom...)

No comments:

Post a Comment