Maximus,
You are now 2 months old! We took you to the doctor to get a check up and shots. You cried during the shots because there was 3 of them in your leg. But as soon as the nurse finished, you stopped crying. You were just fine and we were very proud of you for being so strong. You weighed 8lbs and 9oz; you measured 21.5 inches long; and your head was 14.5 inches around. Overall, the doctor said you are looking great! We will have to go back when you are 4 months old to get some more shots and another check up.
You are finally out of your newborn outfits because you are too long for them. You are wearing 0-3 months, and you finally graduated to size 1 diapers. You are getting so big! This morning, I could tell that you were a little bit heavier than you were yesterday. I believe you are having a growth spurt.
Yesterday, you were wide awake for the entire day. You only took two or three naps and none of them were longer than 20 minutes or so. Finally around midnight, your mama was tired but you were wide awake. We gave you a bath and let you kick and splash for a while to tire you out. Finally, we laid you in your crib and after an additional half hour of being awake but in a much more subdued state, you fell asleep. That means you slept from about 1 am to 8 am without waking up. Mama hasn't had that much sleep since you were born!
We bought you a little play gym recently. It has a lot of colors and toys that make noise to help you learn and be entertained. You are laying in it right now as I'm typing this. You seem fascinated by the white tiger toy that lights up and plays music. You seem to like the nature sounds more than the music though. I had to put some mittens on your hands too because no matter how much I cut your nails, you find a way to scratch yourself! You don't seem to mind them. Uh oh, now you are kicking and whining a bit; perhaps becoming tired of your toy already? Now you are smiling and falling asleep. Awwww.
We are getting ready to head out on your first road trip on Thursday! We are going down to Albuquerque to meet your mama's family for the first time. (You already know your grandparents and you met Uncle Kory last month). Then we will ride with them over to Tulsa to meet the rest of the gang. That means you will meet 4 great-grandparents in one week in two states! How exciting is that? The only bad thing is that it is going to be extremely hot in Tulsa. :(
I will have to write about that trip when we get back. I think that is all for now! I love you!
Kisses, Besitos & Bisous,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment