Sunday, November 4, 2012

Report: 6 Months with Max

Bonjour Maximus!

You are six and a half months old now! Let me try to recount all of the things that have happened in the past month!

On Monday, October 8th, you began eating solid foods. You like the rice cereal, you dislike the apple flavored baby food, but you liked banana and sweet potato. We have not tried more than that since we have to introduce them to you slowly.

You got sick for the first time on October 11th and so did mama and papa. We were all pretty miserable for a week. You had a runny nose and a cough that would startle me in the middle of the night. You have the cutest cough in the world though.

On the 22nd, you had your 6 month check-up at the doctor. You weighed 11 lbs 8.8 oz and were 24 inches long. You had to get 3 shots but you did so well. You cried during them, but not as hard as last time. Then you were very calm and quiet and clung to me. You stayed quiet the whole ride home and slept the majority of the day. They also gave me some creme that has been helping to clear up your face so it doesn't itch you. You haven't been scratching at it as much but it is still a hard habit to break.

You get very excited when you see mama's keyboard and insist on typing to people. Here is a message you posted online on October 24th:   /b78c stgggg nnnnn N;/'.P[-OUIKK,

You have a habit of waving your right arm back and forth. If I hold my hand still, you will be high fiving me repeatedly, (with a real hard, strong slap). If I let you go free with it, you basically end up slapping me really hard in the chest or face. It is an ongoing issue. I'm trying to teach you not to hit but you don't seem to understand. You still enjoy grabbing my lips and hair and nose. You got my eyeball pretty good the other day too. You are so rough. Definitely all boy. Your papa takes advantage of this and roughhouses with you.

You probably won't appreciate this, but on October 26th and for the first time ever, I licked my finger to clean something off your face. You gave me a funny look like "hey mom, stop it!" and then it dawned on me that I really am a mother and I did indeed just do that.

On October 30th, you began scooting forward on your belly. You aren't quite crawling yet but you are understanding how to do it.  We got a video of your first "crawl". We placed a really weird and noisy object in front of you just out of reach, (an empty Oreo box). You wanted to touch it so bad. You finally scooted forward so you could grab it but you kept pushing it farther out of reach. You crawled about 3-4 feet trying to get it.

Sometimes I will read a book to you and you'll slap it and try to close it. Earlier today, we were reading "Mickey's Counting Book" and I was trying to teach you the numbers. You closed the book so I said, "Ok you're right. Numbers are stupid." Hopefully you won't listen to me and instead be smart at math like your papa. I'm hoping to get an alphabet book which is more in my line of thinking, (yay letters are awesome!)

You've been working hard to perfect  your best Chewbacca impression.

You like really high pitched sounds. So Mama will oblige and make the silliest sounds she can come up with and you will giggle your head off. Your laugh is the best sound in the entire history of sounds ever in the world. I love it!!!

What else?

You like to stand! We hold you in place and you stand there. Yes, you're wobbly but it is so cute. You don't seem to like sitting much yet, but I'm trying to help you build those core muscles so you can sit and play with toys on the floor. I'm hoping it will keep you busier so mama can have more time to get things done, but on the other hand, you'll also know how to crawl so I'm probably not going to get anything done for the next 20 years. Still, here's hoping!

You also get very excited to see yourself in the mirror. I stand you up against it and you slap it with a smile on your face. It makes mama laugh.

I've also been having you turn the light off every time we leave the room. You're getting really good at it and seem to understand the concept. However, turning the light ON doesn't really make sense.

You are very playful now and require a lot of attention. I will remind you of this when you're older and ignoring me. Mama's also require a lot of attention so you'll have to deal with it and tell me all about your day. Just a warning in advance. :)

I've had to get up about 5 times to tend to you while I was trying to type this. You are now playing in your green froggie entertainment seat, crying for me to pick you up. The french kids songs on the tv aren't entertaining you anymore, I guess. Ok ok! I'm coming!!

Until next month my love!

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment