Monday, December 17, 2012

You're already 8 months old?!

Hi baby!

Time is going so fast. Right now you're 4 days away from being 8 months old! I can't believe how mobile you are now. Your little personality is starting to show. You love to babble and make silly faces. You love to laugh at mama's silly faces and noises. I wish I knew how much you weigh but we don't have a scale and you don't have a doctor's appointment til you're nine months. My guess is around 14 lbs.

We went to downtown to view the lights!
You insist on standing and can climb to your feet with help, but you hate to sit. You are scooting all around the apartment constantly. You like to suck your thumb and close your fingers over my nose/mouth at the same time, which is silly but cute. You hug your foot to your face while I'm feeding you.

This mirror fascinates you.
You are very curious about everything! You've begun using your pincer fingers and pick at everything you see, including pinching me and yourself. You get too adventurous sometimes and have hit your head on things, so if you should have been smarter, sorry! I tried to stop you but you did it to yourself.

You really like to play with your cars.
Your hair is really curly now and your eyes are still blue/gray! You love your sippy cup with water, but you hate your bottle with formula. You love when I feed you baby food. You've now had carrots, pears, sweet potatoes and bananas, which you liked. And green beans, sweet peas and applesauce which you weren't so sure about.  You nap in your crib several times during the day when I need time to work or eat. You'll play on the floor for a little while but you mostly want all of my attention when you're awake which is tiring, but we do have fun playing! You sleep well at night but you wake up 2 to 4 times to eat.


You wander into the bathroom if the door is open. You'll knock at the door if it is occupied. You like to investigate the kitchen and hit the oven because it makes a cool sound. You hit a lot of things because of their sounds, like the bottom of the guitar, the tv, the floor, the wall. You try to climb up my legs every chance you get and are only happy when I'm helping you stand. You're wobbly still but you seem to be very determined to master it soon. Papa helps you walk around the house. He holds your arms and you take your own big or tiny steps, never a normal sized step. You like when we play music and you're always curious about our gadgets and devices.

You painted this on my phone app.
I only changed out the colors for you.
You are so funny and smart already. I love to play with you, whether we're making silly noises and faces at each other, or I'm tickling you. I don't want you to grow up too fast, but I can't wait to see what and who you become as you learn and develop. You're so handsome. I love you more than you'll ever know.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment